OTTAWA, CAPITAL OF CANADA!!!

lundi 15 janvier 2018


Ottawa is the capital city of Canada, situated in Southern Ontario with a population of approximately 934 000 people. ...The first thing I've heard about Ottawa is that I wouldn't like it...Well, that person was wrong, in all the cities I've visited in Canada, Ottawa is certainly my favorite!

To travel to Ottawa we decided to take the bus, as renting A car would have cost us more money, we traveled by the company GREYHOUND which is one of the most famous bus company in America.
Once we arrived there, lucky us the sun was there, so we walk to our HI-OTTAWA JAIL HOSTEL  which was situated about 5min walk to the University of Ottawa bus stop.
The Hostel was amazing and pretty well decorated for Halloween, being a former prison it was already creepy enough but with the decoration, it was pretty awesome.
(this are internet pics, I don't know how but I didn't take any photos of the Hostel)




You can see the bedroom in my video ( Life in Quebec)

After checking at the Hostel, we went visiting the city, and how beautiful it was, the parliament was impressive, I kind of thought of Hogwarts, all the towers and the old walls in the hight felt like a Harry Potter spot.

The park we saw it from was really gorgeous, the trees turning from green to pink and the black squirrels wandering around made it really fantastic, well I was kind of stressed out at this moment because I had lost one of my favorite scarfs, and I was mad at myself for being such a head in the clouds, but finally I found it in the restaurant we had lunch an hour ago.
After that really stressing moment, we simply stroll into the city, observing the nature and having fun.

The next day we actually visited the parliament for free, a few museums and a cathedral... Ottawa is such a beautiful city and there are so many things to do, we went to the market and during our night times, we went to some pubs having fun and talking with locals.
The food at the market was soooo good, and we were really lucky with the weather, it was cold but sunny.
I know I say it all the time but really to visit a place the best thing to do is to actually walk around the streets, after that yes, you can plan activities and restaurants and nights out.

For more information on places to go in Ottawa: Guide to Canada


THE PARLIAMENT


  



THE PARLIAMENT'S LIBRARY





MAJOR'S HILL PARK












CATHEDRAL NOTRE-DAME



THE MUSEUM OF FINE ART






OTTAWA CITY









Which city in Canada is your favorite? Have you ever been to Canada?

FOR MORE PLACES TO GO IN CANADA

PLEINS DES BISOUS



Post Comment
Enregistrer un commentaire