ROADTRIP TO QUEBEC CITY !!!

mardi 2 janvier 2018


Hello guys,

To be truthful with you, I didn't know where to start with this article. I had a blank...but after a month I started telling myself that I should just let go of the anxiousness of writing it perfectly and just go with it, go with my guts and how I felt it!

So I let my mind write it for me, I just stopped trying to make it look like something else, to write it in a style that isn't mine...Anyway let's go back to my post, shall we?

We left Montreal in the morning with our rented car (Globalcar) so we could arrive at the Mauricie National Park at noon!
To tell you the truth we were a bit worried about the weather because it was windy and not so sunny on our way to the park but eventually in the early afternoon the weather got better.
You wouldn't believe how beautiful this place was...a giant park of pine and a crystal blue water lake in the middle, sure this hike was harder than the other we'd done because the rain of the day before had turned everything into mud, so the hike was pretty fun to begin with!

The view over the lake was spectacular, once we reached a higher point of view and the sun was just making it better. We finally arrived near the lake and that was the best moment of our entire adventure...after a few minutes of me doing stupid yoga positions over the lake and my friends totally laughing at me for failing, we saw a RED FOX!!! Could you believe that? a RED FOX into the wild, so close to us (proof in pictures below and as a bonus my face when I saw it!)
The rest of our hike was a  feeling mixed with complete excitement and total ecstasy!


Yep, that's my "I just saw something amazingly, incredibly, fantastical" face.





Soon we had to head back to our car to drive to our AIRBNB in Quebec City (well near it) the next day we went visiting the Montmorency falls, little advice though, parking is worst than hell, if you don't want to pay the $7 entry (which we didn't) so try to find a place further.
This was amazing...except for my cardio, if you wanna know more about me, I love hiking and canyoning and do a lot of outdoor activities but I have a terrible awfully terrible cardio, which makes running and steps my worst nightmare and guesses what? the Montmorency falls has a lot of steps, haha, at the end I was certain to die because of a lack of oxygen haha.

After I could find my breath again we could finally drive to that one place we were here for... Quebec City!
A nightmare to park (underground parking are less expensive than outdoors parking especially during the weekend).

Well, Quebec City was insane, looks a lot like our European cities,  the streets full of shops, the place decorated for Halloween and the people there with costumes was simply magical...BUT the most magical place was the Christmas shop with the $1 flavored chocolate powder haha.

It was so much fun climbing on the old town walls and just admiring the view...it was fantastically awesome.
Now let's talk about my birthday, it was a quite interesting day...Last day in Quebec City, October 29th...well it was raining, the museum we wanted to visit wasn't exactly what we expected, the bar my best friends wanted to take me to was closed for the day and my birthday present had to be postponed thanks to the rain haha...it was a pretty big day, one I will NEVER forget, especially because well I was in CANADA with two of my favourite people on earth!

THE MAURICIE NATIONAL PARK



















THE MONTMORENCY FALLS










QUEBEC CITY








This is it for my adventure in Quebec City, wait until I tell you about Ottawa that was pretty great as well!

Have you ever been to Quebec City? what do you think of it?

PLEINS DES BISOUS

Post Comment
Enregistrer un commentaire